Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
ConocoPhillips is monitoring the progress of COVID-19 globally. Our priorities include protecting the health and wellbeing of our workforce and their families; helping mitigate the spread of the virus; and safely running our business. Below please find information regarding medical benefits and reminders of other health coverages to support you during this time. Continue checking this page regularly for any updates.
For other details on the company’s response, please visit the internal Coronavirus Employee Resource Site.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (current employees and covered retirees)
- The company will pay 100% of your in-network medical costs related to COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing. This means you will not have a deductible or co-insurance for a COVID-19 test, including a provider's visit at a doctor's office, urgent care or emergency room.
- If you use an out-of-network provider or facility who does not post rates for a COVID-19 diagnostic or antibody test (per the CARES Act), you may be responsible for some of the costs.
- When available, preventative vaccinations for COVID-19 will be covered at 100%.
- For COVID-19 treatment received between April 1 and August 31, 2020, your deductibles and coinsurance will be waived.
- For any questions, please reach out to your health advocates at 800-343-4709 or you can download the BCBSTX app to live chat.
- MDLIVE (current employees and covered retirees)
- If you are suffering from common medical conditions, MDLIVE doctors provide reliable care while minimizing the exposure to contagious viruses like COVID-19. You can access MDLIVE via the MDLIVE app, online or by calling 1-888-680-8646. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, MDLIVE doctors can assess your condition and help determine the necessary next steps, all from the comfort of your home.
- CVS Caremark (current employees and covered retirees)
- CVS Caremark® is taking steps to protect member access to medication and encourages you to refill maintenance medications with a 90-day supply. Here is some additional information about your CVS Caremark® pharmacy benefits we hope is useful to you. You may take advantage of:
- Relaxed refill restrictions: CVS Caremark® is temporarily waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescriptions for maintenance medications at any in-network pharmacy. You can now fill maintenance medication prescriptions ahead of schedule.
- Free home delivery: CVS Pharmacy® has waived charges for home delivery of all prescription medications when your prescription is filled at a local CVS Pharmacy®. The CDC encourages people at higher risk for COVID-19 complications to stay at home as much as possible, so this convenient option can help you avoid visits to the pharmacy for refills or new maintenance prescriptions. As always, there is no charge for delivery of prescriptions filled by Caremark Mail Order/Maintenance Choice.
- Click here for more information.
- For any other questions, please contact CVS Caremark® at 855-293-4118.
- Beacon Health Options (EAP services are available to current employees, while Mental Health/Substance Use is available to both current employees and covered retirees)
- Beacon Health Options is available to assist you and your family with daily issues or questions regarding COVID-19 by calling 1-866-241-4080. Remote behavioral health medical provider visits and counseling is also available through the MDLIVE app.
- Resources such as FAQs, articles and webinars regarding COVID-19 and the emotional stress this may cause can be found on Beacon Health Options Achieve Solutions website.
- CIGNA Global Benefits (Current Expats, Inpats, non-U.S. Citizen, non-U.S. Resident)
- Until May 31, 2020, all out-of-pocket costs (includes co-pays and cost shares) have been waived for provider visits related to COVID-19 with in-network providers in the US and international providers, whether at a doctor’s office, urgent care clinic, or emergency room.
- In addition, all co-pays or cost shares for COVID-19 testing have been waived.
- Members can also take advantage of Cigna’s global telehealth at no extra cost.
- See Cigna’s Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for Cigna coverage and information.
This is a brief general summary of certain terms and conditions of certain plans and is for information purposes only. Some employees are not eligible to participate in all the plans described. To be eligible to participate in a particular plan, you must meet the eligibility requirements outlined for that plan. If there are any discrepancies or conflicts between this information and the terms of the official plan documents or any underlying insurance contracts, the official plan documents and insurance contracts will control your actual benefits. ConocoPhillips reserves the right to amend or terminate its benefits plans at any time, without notice,